Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Barbie's Dream House

 I never had Barbie's Dream House when I was a kid (I did have the Fashion Shoppe, which I wish, wish, wish they would reproduce) and I missed the first release a few years back.  So I jumped on the new release gift set with bubblecut doll and additional outfits.  Warning: Picture heavy


Looks just like the original. 
2020 Barbie's Dreamhouse Giftset #GNC38-9644


Before setup and move in.


Furniture needs to be assembled.


Bubblecut reproduction and 2 extra outfits


Reproduction 2-piece pajamas 1962-63.  They added blue mules with pom-poms, brush and comb and an alarm clock.


Reproduction Busy Morning #956.  For some reason they included the tray and drinks from Friday Night Date


Reproduction Blonde Bubblecut in turquoise Silk Sheath


She really is very well done.  She is stunning with the hairnet removed and her hair fluffed out (I forget to get a picture.)


Assembling the furniture, time consuming but pretty easy.


Hour and a half later........TaDa!


I made a matching bedspread and pillows.


Babs loves her new digs!

This structure is quite large but folds up nicely.  The only place I can open it full without worrying about the dog is on the dining room table.  I will probably set up specific dioramas for a few days, take pics and then take down.  I like it but did have buyers' remorse after it arrived (it has a hefty price tag) but I sold a Miss Revlon doll and it almost paid for the whole thing.

I would love for Mattel to do the Fashion Shoppe reproduction.  I LOVED mine when I was a kid.  It is a bit larger than the Dream House but I would get it in a minute if they issue it!

So this doll brings my total to 157.  I might ask The Husband for one or 2 new ones for Christmas, just haven't decided yet.  There are a few I want to sell, so I need to work on that before the holidays.

Thanks for stopping by.........


3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I felt like Dad on Christmas Eve trying to put it all together to get it under the tree for Christmas morning.....

    ReplyDelete