Friday, September 11, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 138 - 143 More Silkstones

We continue with the last few Silkstones in my collection.  As you can see I've grown to love these dolls.  I was disheartened to learn they are going to discontinue the BFMC line.  But they are supposedly going to continue the Silkstones.  I will be anxiously waiting to see what they come up with!

This doll looks so sad to me, she tugs at my heart.  Her outfit so just gorgeous, I would be thrilled to wear it!




2015 BFMC Blush Beauty #CHT04 IDC: SS1543

A modern version of Evening Enchantment, this next doll reminds me of Patsy Stone from Absolutely Fabulous. It must be the hair!



2016 BFMC Glam Gown #DGW58 IDC:QXU455

Another pretty lady with a beautiful dress.



2016 BFMC Blush and Gold Cocktail Dress #DWF55 IDC:UEQ597

Paying homage to Barbie's iconic striped bathing suit this doll hits the mark right down to her black and platinum hair.



2018 BFMC Black and White Forever #FXF25 IDC:SRK768

Celebrating Barbie's 60th Birthday.  The outfit is atrocious, blindingly pink made of less than quality fabric.........but that pink swirl ponytail was worth the purchase.



2018 BFMC Proudly Pink #FXD50 IDC:KLO233

This is one of the current Silkstones available.  I liked it because of the extra outfits and I didn't have a red haired Silkie yet.  



2020 BFMC The Best Look Giftset #GNC39 IDC:GCA450

I may add more of the older Silkies but I think this will be the last of the current ones I add to my collection.  I wasn't impressed with the Best to Tea or the Gala's Best dolls and Gala's Best is also very pricey for what it is.

So I still have a few stray dolls to round up and catalog but the count at this point is 145.  I think it will top out at 150-155. 

Thanks for stopping by.......


4 comments:

  1. I love Glam Gown, her look is so sweetly pastel. At one point, I wanted to buy one of the older redheaded Silkstones, who came in a giftset, but I didn't have the money at the time, and later I decided that I wasn't truly interested enough to spend it on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very uninterested with the Silkstones when they first came out but as you can see I have changed my tune. Not sure how many more if any I will be adding though, they can get pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am almost done with the dolls, but there is still outfits and maybe I'll do furniture and playsets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it was definitely a slippery slope into Silkstone land for you. You have quite a collection and they are all quite beautiful. The wardrobe and accessories are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete