Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project - The final Dolls

 These are the final dolls in my catalog project. Now I do have 3 MTM dolls, 4 Kelly and Friends, 1 Stacie and 1 Chelsea, but I am not counting them in my collection.  The little dolls are just used as props for some dioramas, I don't collect them.  Kind of the same with the MTM dolls, they are just for dioramas I don't really consider them part of the doll collection but I may change my mind and add them later.

I got this doll because I wanted the animals and I don't have many brunettes from this era (come to think of it I don't have many dolls from this era at all!).  She has a load of hair, almost too much, I may cut it or not.



1996 Pet Doctor Barbie (Brunette - Target Exclusive) #16458

This Kira is beautiful and so is her outfit but the jumpsuit is a pain to get on.



1998 Very Velvet Kira #20531

Last Halloween I decided I needed a Halloween Barbie in my collection and got this one for $7 NRFB.  But of course I removed her from her box.  I like her outfit, the doll is pretty average but okay.



2002 Maskerade Party Barbie #56284

My vintage Francie needed a friend her age and I wanted a brunette Francie without breaking the bank so got this doll.  She is a very nice reproduction.




2016 50th Anniversary Francie #DKN06:HHD353

I got the following two dolls strictly for the historical look at Barbie's iconic black and white swimsuit.  Neither has been removed from box which is unusual for me.




2014 Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Edition #BCP84



2009 Then and Now 1959-2009 #P6508

You can not be a Barbie collector and not have a few anniversary dolls.  These dolls are gorgeous and Mattel did a very nice job on the gown, it is beautiful.



2019 60th Anniversary - AA #FXC79-0970-DOM



2019 60th Anniversary #FXD88-0970-DOM

At one point in time I had 3 NRFB 1980 Black Barbies.  I decided I didn't need to be a hoarder and sold 2 to share her beauty with other collectors.  I jumped immediately when they released this doll and I think Mattel did a fantastic job of honoring the first one.



2020 40th Anniversary Black Barbie #GLG35IDC:FOM620

This doll was gifted to me by a friend.  His wife was a Mary Kay consultant for years and this was the only Barbie she ever bought for herself.  After her passing he asked if I would like it as he could think of no one else that would appreciate the doll as me.  I was honored he thought of me and happily accepted her into my collection.



2003 Mary Kay Star Consultant #B2737

My only Teresa doll to date.  I find some of the Teresa's have too big of a forehead in proportion to her face but this one is very beautiful.  Plus she has that cute dalmatian!



1993 TRU Spots n' Dots Teresa #10885

So after about 9 months I have completed cataloging my Barbie dolls (and friends) collection into a database.  So how many dolls you ask?  Not as big as some but bigger than others, really a modest collection.  Without the uncounted dolls mentioned at the beginning of this post the tally is 156!  

I do have plans to sell some of the dolls, maybe after the first of the year, and of course there will always be a new doll to add. (In fact there is one on the way, should be here end of the week!)

I hope you enjoyed seeing the dolls in my collection, stay tune for the cataloging of the individual outfits......should be fun!

Thanks for stopping by......


















4 comments:

  1. I like your 60th anniversary and your Teresa dolls the best. I have more Teresa sculpts in my collection than I technically need, but I love them all. Thanks for taking us on this trip through your collection. I think when all is said and done, I'll have at least as many dolls as you do, if not more, but that's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb. Now I have a database and corresponding pictures for insurance purposes. It's not huge or expensive collection but if I lost it for some reason I would be heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pet Doctor Barbie is so pretty! There are just a few brunette superstar Barbie dolls in my collection and I'm currently looking for another one. I might take a closer look at her. Love her accessories as well.
    But of all dolls you showed in this post I like the Anniversary Francie the best, she's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely addition to your doll family. Congratulations. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete