Saturday, September 5, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 133-137 The Silkstones

 The Silkstones are the last major grouping in my collection.  When they were first issued I didn't care for them, something about their faces put me off.  But I wanted at least one in my collection for it to be complete in my mind.  

This was the doll I chose to represent the line in my collection.  I thought she was very pretty and her outfits we beautiful.  Unfortunately she one hand as wide as a pitchers' mitt and can not get on her coat, or any other slim sleeved clothing item.  But she is pretty.  Her name is Olivia Brentwood.



2001 BFMC Continental Holiday Giftset  #55497

The above Mrs. Brentwood needed a Silkstone Mr. Brentwood.  (My dolls do not usually cross collections or eras.  These dolls are very distinctive and don't play well with the others in my mind.)  So I chose Roger Sterling from the Mad Men collection to be paired with the lovely Mrs. Brentwood.



2010 Mad Men Roger Sterling #T4549


Once I had these Silkies in my collection I needed more.....



2002 BFMC Fashion Insider Ken Giftset #56706




2014 BFMC Little Red Dress #CGT26




2015 BFMC Classic Camel Coat #DGW54

As it turns out I love the weight of the Silkies and their outfits are fairly well made so I have been adding more as I can.  More to come........

Thanks for stopping by.......


































2 comments:

  1. I do own a few of the Silkstone dolls myself. I have like that the new gals have articulation, but I wish they would make the guys with articulation now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any Silkies, but I do appreciate seeing what other collectors include in their doll families. What I have always appreciated about Silkstone, is the fashions and accessories created for them. In any case, you have quite a lovely couple there!

    ReplyDelete