Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Barbie Catalog Collection Project - The Clothes....oh, the clothes!

So now that the dolls are all cataloged it's time to move onto the next group I have collected,  the clothes!  I think this will be fun but time consuming because I hope to show the outfits the dolls. And most everything is in various boxes in no particular order. 

 I think it will be a good time to also try and organize all the clothes so they are easily accessible.  Anyone have any good ideas.......because I don't. At the moment I have outfits in cases, in the Susie Goose closet and in ziplock bags in storage boxes.  It's a mess, basically.

Anyway, it's time to get started! 

Outfits are in no particular order but I will try and keep eras together.  I did not put any of the vintage open toe mules on Barbie as they have a tendency of splitting.  I will also make note of outfits that are original from my childhood.


1959-1962 Cotton Casual #912 - Complete (Purchased)


1961-1964 Tennis Anyone #941 - Incomplete (Owner Original)


1962-1963 Time for Tennis #790 - Incomplete (Purchased)



1963 Golden Elegance #992 - Incomplete (Owner Original)
My absolute favorite and most elegant Barbie outfit. Coat is fully lined including set in sleeves.


1963 Theater Date #959 - Complete (Purchased)


1964-1965 Crisp n' Cool #1604 - Complete (Purchased)


1963-1964 Masquerade #944 - Incomplete (Owner Original)


1961-1963 Sport Shorts # 783 - Incomplete (Purchased)


Barbie and Ken getting set to play some tennis.  Barbie's outfit needs another cleaning, I may try a soak in Oxyclean.

As you can see my original outfits are well played with (as is my original doll who is modeling them) and missing a few accessories but I love them all the more.  This is just the start, stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by........





4 comments:

  1. I had a post on clothing storage a few weeks ago, but I don't know that it would suit your needs, if you want to keep your vintage outfits together.

    I look forward to seeing your Barbie clothing collection! The vintage stuff is beautiful, and so fashionable for the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read your post. I do wish to keep outfits together with their accessories, esp. the vintage and Fashion Avenue items. I will figure something out.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the vintage clothing was so well made. I wish I could sew that well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris. This is impressive. Not sure how many outfits you are talking about but it seems that if you want to keep each set together, you need to create boxes with a place for the garment along with smaller compartments or tiny boxes for shoes and accessories. It would be ideal if the outer boxes had a cellophane window so you could see inside. If not, then perhaps you could take a photo of the dressed doll and glue it to the exterior of the box so you will know what's inside. Then I would buy shelving and store the boxes upright like books. The whole idea is to be able to quickly locate and identify the contents. It will be a lot of work, but I think you would be quite happy with the organization when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete