Sunday, January 12, 2020

Proudly Pink Barbie




I got Proudly Pink Barbie before Thanksgiving and she is ....well, very, very pink!  I wanted her because of her pink hair (and I am a sucker for a ponytail!).  It has been my dream to take 3 different ponytail dolls, preferable from 3 different eras and have them rerooted in 3 various shades of pink.  Sooo, until then I am satisfying my pink hair urge with this doll.


Now, I love the pink color of her hair......her clothes not so much!  First off there is just too much pink and I am not a fan of the garish shade that it is. (Her little quilted purse is adorable and a nice shade of pink which matches her hair but not her outfit (in my opinion).  


I haven't released her from her box yet, so I am not sure of the quality of the clothing.  It is usually pretty good on the Silkstones.  But she is a very pretty doll and I have plans to make a new outfit for her.


I am thinking a gown from this pattern McCalls 9115, view C, the blue "hi-low" dress.  My plan right now is black satin with the skirt lined in a pale pink satin so it peeks out.  I also have some pink tulle but don't like things too fru-fruy, so maybe just use it to make a gathered sash around the waist, not sure yet.

As this is a pattern from 1997 I will need to make a muslin for fit before I cut into the good stuff and play with it a little.  I like view E (the gold gown) also but prefer the strapless top, so may play with that one a little too.

Anyway, this is Proudly Pink Barbie and my proud plans for her!

Thanks for stopping by......





3 comments:

  1. Wow...pretty in pink! She is rocking that hair color! Congratulations on the newest member of your doll family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes her hair color is what won me over!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't sure about her when she first came out but the pink hair won me over. She is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete