Saturday, January 25, 2020

Collection Catalog Project Has Begun

After several false starts I finished my database design and started pulling out the dolls to get them logged.  So far I have only managed to get 15 complete with pictures!!!  Ugh, who knew cataloging dolls could be such a process.  Of course I had to dress them in their original outfits (had to find them first) if I had them, brush their hair, clean them up a little.......you get the picture.

Anyway, I thought since I was doing this I may as well put them out on here to showoff  share as I go. You may have seen a few of them already on here but hey you can never get too much Barbie!

So here are the first 10:

1962 SL Bubblecut Barbie  #850

1964 SL Skipper  #950


1966 BL TNT Trade In Barbie  #1162

1965 BL Francie  #1130

1965 BL American Girl  #1070

1962  SL Ponytail  #850 #6/7

1964 SL Ponytail Swirl  #850

1964 SL Midge  #860

1964 SL Midge  #860

1965 BL Midge  #1080

****Disclaimer - I have done the best research I could, using all the books I have and trying to read the markings on the dolls, to establish who they are.  This may not be totally accurate.  I am only positive about my first 4 original dolls.

Well, gotta get back to it, these dolls aren't going to catalog themselves (they are a lazy lot, just standing on shelves or lying in boxes!).

Thanks for stopping by......

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, yes it is a lot of work and worth it. Also a little fun to just play with them a bit.

    ReplyDelete