Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Barbie Cataloging Continues 64-68

The Butterfly Art Collection contains 5 dolls.  I only have 3 but am considering the other 2.  These dolls stirred a little controversy because of the tatoos.  I guess they thought every little girl (or boy) will run out and get a tat....silly stuff.  The Barbie in this group is stunning, one of my favorite dolls, and Kira is one of the prettiest Kiras out there.  And the Ken has hair!



1998 Butterfly Art Barbie #20359
NOTE:  The was a KB version of this doll issued in 2000 but the hair is not crimped and she has a somewhat longer denim skirt.



1998 Butterfly Art Kira #20362



1998 Butterfly Art Ken #22995


There are 4 dolls in the next grouping, Pretty in Plaid.  The blonde, brunette and redhead all have the Mackie facemold and the AA is the Nichelle facemold.  I love the Mackie and Nichelle molds and may pickup the other 2 dolls someday.



1998 Pretty in Plaid #20667



1998 Pretty in Plain #20668

We are beginning to open up here in Florida, it feels so good to get out and interact with people even with masks and social distancing!  Hope everyone is healthy and safe.

Thanks for stopping by......

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you, that's one of the prettiest Kira dolls. Plus, I don't think this dolls would encourage kids to get real tattoos, as washable tattoo stickers have existed for years. Plus, you need to be 18 or otherwise have a parent's permission to get tatooed in several countries.

    I misse when playline dolls used the Mackie sculpt. Some of my favourite playline dolls, like Bead Blast, used that sculpt.

    Hope you also stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how they would think a doll having a tattoo would mean a child would also want one!
    Very pretty Barbies :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterfly Kira is so gorgeous. I don't understand the whole controversy over these innocent tattoos. They're like those fake tattoos that you get with a chewing gum for example or stamps. As a kid I loved those. I think sometimes people are trying to find a problem where there is none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I agree with you wholeheartedly that people are always looking for a problem where there is none.

      Delete
  4. I have totally been missing posts. I need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete