Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Saying Good-bye To an Old Friend and Welcoming a New One

Back on March 24th, we had to help our 10 year old Rottweiler, Louie, over the Rainbow Bridge.  



We thought we had 6 weeks more with him but his kidney disease progressed rapidly and he also developed several tumors.  It was hard but it was time to let him go.

It was very hard being without him during our 'stay at home' order, the house was very empty with just The Husband and me.  I wasn't sure if I wanted another Rottie (we have had 7), we are getting older and they are big dogs!  After about a month we started casually looking at dogs, me mixed breed midsize and The Husband rescue Rotties.  He found a boy about 2yrs about an hours drive.  We spoke with the woman that runs the rescue and asked her to send a video of the dog interacting with the staff.  She said she would the next day.  We never heard from her again.

In the meantime, I came across a rescue 3hrs away with a 3yr old girl that looked just like our last female, Lily, who passed 8 yrs ago.  She looked so sweet and I was smitten.  We contacted them and got approved to come out the next day.  So off we went.......and we fell in love with Bree.


Our Briana Rose!

She is sweet, calm, gentle and very smart.  We couldn't ask for a better dog.




She is very relaxed and settling in nicely.

I don't usually stray from dolls on this site, but I had to say goodbye to Louie and welcome home Briana Rose!

8 comments:

  1. Aww. She looks very settled in already. It's hard to lose a pet, but I hope Briana Rose brings you joy. Oddly enough, my daughter the Dancer and Mr. BTEG are in the process right now of bringing home a bunny from a human society. She's going to be a sister to Kip, the boy bunny we already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is sweet. Post a pic of your bunnies!

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is very hard, they are so much a part of our family. Bree has turned out to be a gem, I don't know how someone could let her go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris. Sorry you had to say goodbye to Louie, but I'm sure Briana Rose will bring you lots of moments of joy.
    Thank you for reading my blog. I've recently added yours to my read list, so I'll stick around.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog, and would like to say how sorry I am for the loss of your lovely boy :( But I'm also happy to see that Bree has come in to your life and is bringing you so much joy, she's gorgeous. I have always like Rotties too although I have never had one.
    Hugs, Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, Thank you for stopping in. Yes, Bree is bringing us much joy! I will be sure to stop in and check out your blog.

      Delete