Saturday, May 2, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 55-59

And the project continues.......




1993 Cool & Crimp Kevin #11549

Skipper has had 3 named boyfriends over the years, Ricky, Scott and Kevin.  Kevin is the only one I have but I would like to add the other two if I can find at a good price, especially Scott because he has quite the head of hair!  
I think Kevin had the most incarnations, 6 to be exact, all issued between 1990 and 1994.  Finding or making clothes for him is an issue but he can wear some of the current Ken outfits except for the shoes.




1995 Great Date Ken #14837

Yes, another Ken with hair, lovely rooted hair.  He does need a trip to the salon.....maybe once they open up again.




1996 Splash n' Color Ken #16170

This Ken is from a beach line that Mattel liked to issue almost every year.  I got him because I needed a mate for one of the ladies to use in a diorama that I haven't gotten around to doing yet.

He's not a bad looking guy.  His hair is suppose to change colors with water (hot/cold) but I haven't tried it.



1997 Dinner Date Barbie #19037

Cute little redhead.  Love her hairdo, reminds me of the American Girl, only poufier.
She is the mate to Splash n' Color Ken, or will be once I start that diorama.



1997 Pearl Beach Teen Skipper #19223

Another doll from the yearly beach series issued by Mattel.  She really is very beautiful. Not sure where she will fit in as far as dioramas go but I'll find a spot for her.

Thanks for stopping by.........


2 comments:

  1. There were 6 Kevins issued between 1990 and 1994. The first 3 had brown/blonde hair and the last 3 had blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that Skipper had any boyfriends. I'm sure Barbie wasn't too pleased with that (lol!) I like Kevin though! He seems like a cool little dude, and kind of handsome. Though my opinion may change when I google what Scott looks like.

    ReplyDelete