Thursday, June 4, 2020

Barbie Catalog Project 69-73

This doll is part of the holiday series were issued every year for grocery stores and big box discounters.  There were only 2 in this series, this blonde Barbie and the AA Barbie.  One of the few Barbies issued with straight shoulder length hair they are both lovely.  I am still trying to find the AA version at a reasonable price, she has the Christie face mold and is so pretty.



1998 Tree Trimming Barbie #22967

Sorry these pictures aren't clearer.  When I went to dress her in her original outfit I discovered what a pain in the A$$ it is too get her velvet leggings on!  They have some kind of separate nylon lining that is impossible to move up her legs.  Needless to say, it was either shoot her in the buff or find an old picture of a Christmas diorama from several years ago......I lucked out.  I am going to have to make her a new pair of dark green pants to go with the ugly Christmas sweater.


I believe, but don't quote me, that this was the first doll in the City Seasons series.
The doll herself doesn't thrill me.  Her makeup is a little washed out and that forehead needs some bangs or fringe or whatever they call them these days.  Now her outfit is another story.  It is very well made, especially the coat.  She is wearing a short sleeve black full bodysuit.  The coat seems to be a light wool, lined in red taffeta with fake fur trim at collar and cuffs with a little brooch.  Hat, scarf, bright red mittens, patent purse with chain strap and midrise heeled black boots make this very classy.




1998 City Seasons-Winter in New York #19429

I love this doll, it is my favorite AA doll with the Nichelle facemold.  She is just so pretty.  Her uniform is cute and fits well, love the boots.  I also like the fit of the pants and I may attempt to make a pattern from them.



1998 Disney Animal Kingdom Barbie AA #20989

Another beautiful doll with the Mackie facemold.  I will use her as a twin to the free spirit  Butterfly Arts Barbie in future story lines.





She has the most fantastic pair of gold pumps, I hope I never lose them.  I don't know about anyone else but I never put the sheer tights back on the dolls because I always poke the toes through when trying to put the shoes on!  Is there a trick to this?  If so someone please let me know.......





1999 Cool Collecting Barbie #25525

This is a cute retro style doll.  She also comes with a few miniature toys but only the Barbie game is to scale.  The viewmaster and 8 ball are too big to use in dios.

Thanks for stopping by.......





3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Tree Trimming Barbie, she's so cute, and I do like the ugly sweater. I think that dolls like that are often overlooked because they seem basic, but I'm personally a big fan of them. I hope to get my Holiday Treats Brunette Barbie soon.

    As to the golden shoes of your Golden Allure Barbie, I just love them! My JCPenney Enchanted Evening Barbie has the same shoes, but purple. They shine! Unfortunately, they absolutely refuse to stay on her feet so I'm usually very careful not to lose them. I guess they're awfully hard to find since I haven't seen them anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some of the basic dolls are overlooked. Some of them have the prettiest faces! The gold shoes stay on very well, I was surprised because they are hard not squishy. Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I really love that AA doll with the Nichelle facemold, she is so pretty, I've never seen that face mold before. I shall be looking out for it now!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete