Monday, June 29, 2015

June Bride

My friend and cohort in all things Barbie, has a birthday
on June 30th.  She has always wanted a bride doll so
I thought I would make her a bride and groom.

This is Avon's Winter Rhapsody Barbie and Great Date
Ken. I made the the bridal gown, headpiece and bouquet.

The dress came out very nice considering it was my first
time doing beadwork.  It's a simple dress but with the
beading on the bodice and headpiece I think it is
timeless.  I really didn't have the time or skill to make
a tux for the groom, so I found a Ken from the same 
era who already owned a nice but somewhat sparkley
suit.  Oh, and we will not talk about his hair!

All in all she was thrilled and that's what counts.
Happy Birthday, Carol!


3 comments:

  1. The dress is lovely! If you cut down the sides of his hair closer to his head, he would have a very hip look for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift idea! I think the dress and headpiece both turned out great. I've been thinking of making some bridal headpieces for one of my brides and to display in a bridal salon diorama.

    ReplyDelete