Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Deboxing Day: 25th Anniversary Holiday Barbie - Asst # 55908 # X8272and 2002 Holiday Celebration #56209


I never liked the older Holiday Barbies, they were just so frou frouy.  But I came across some more recent Holiday Barbies that I like and this is one of them.  Meet Alyissa.

Although I am determined to debox all my dolls and enjoy them, I still hesitate before breaking the box seal.  I was able to keep this box intact for storing the doll later, which is a bonus.

She is very beautiful, with a model body I think.  But there were some disappointments about her.  First off her hair.  This girl is gonna need a wash and set.........yuck.  Her hair felt greasy and when I attempted to brush it it got all frizzy at the ends.

The dress, while gorgeous had this under it instead of tulle to give it fullness.
Really Mattel?  A hunk of cardboard?  How much more would a little tulle have cost?  No wonder their market share is falling.  I think I will make her something for next year.

Here is the other Holiday Barbie I liked. Meet Merrina.

I am a sucker for the Mackie face and I think she is gorgeous.  Unlike the other doll her hair was soft and touchable, and I love the high ponytail. Her gown was nice (tulle underneath instead of cardboard).  The glitter from her shawl collar does get everywhere though.

She came in one of those odd shaped boxes with hard plastic inserts on top and bottom.  It was a pain in the shorts to get her out and off the liner.  I could not save the liner but the box is intact for future storage at least.

I love both these dolls and am happy to have them in my collection.  But I don't think they are worth the extra price they charge for these Holiday dolls.  I'm pretty sure I can make gowns as beautiful as these.  So I don't think there will be anymore from this line in my future.

Modern: Owner Original

No comments:

Post a Comment