Monday, July 6, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 90-94

We are getting close to the 100 doll mark and most of the dolls going forward are from the new millennial.  This doesn't mean I won't be adding any new vintage dolls to the mix!



1997 General Mills Winter Dazzle  #18456

This doll was with a lot of dolls won on eBay.  I only kept a few of them, obviously she was one of them.  Just couldn't resist the ponytail!



1999 Harley Davidson Ken  #22255



2000 Harley Davidson Ken  #25638

I love both of these guys!  First off they both have rooted hair AND they are articulated.  My goal is to use them for eye-candy on the arms of the Model Muse ladies.  I just need to make them some outfits that aren't biker centric.





1999 City Seasons - Autumn in London  #22257



1999 City Seasons - Winter in Montreal  #22257

I bought these two mostly for the outfits, they are very nice and detailed but I wish the trench coat on London was cotton duck rather than the nylon stuff they used.  I may not keep the London doll, she is okay but nothing special.  I will definitely keep the Montreal doll.  The outfit is great and I love the doll, her pitch black bob reminds me of the vintage American Girl dolls.

When I started this project I didn't realize how much of, well a project it would be. It is reacquainting me with a lot of dolls and making me think about my collection and where it might go from here.  I still have quite a few dolls to work through and then I need to do the outfits......oy! the outfits.

But since the pandemic started we don't go out much so it is a perfect time to work on this.  I hope you are all enjoying it and I appreciate you all stopping by and posting comments!





3 comments:

  1. Those Harley Kens are great! Cracked up at the hairy chest:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harley Ken 1999 is on my wishlist. He will make great arm candy for my girls too. I've always liked Autumn in London, partially for the red hair and green eyes, partially for the Mackie face mold.

    I can relate on getting outfits done! I have one that I would like to finish up in the next couple of days; hopefully that will motivate me to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Harley Kens are great, so much more manly than the regular Kens of my youth!
    x

    ReplyDelete