Friday, July 24, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project - 101-105 It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Many years ago I had almost all of the Holiday Barbies, but I decided to get rid of them all when we moved to Florida.  I didn't really care for most of them that much.  Since that time I have been picking up a few of the more current Holiday dolls.

I think this Holiday doll is my current favorite.  Love the Mackie face and her ponytail.  Her gown is a little reminiscent of the early dolls, opulent and poufy, but it is very pretty.




2002 Holiday Celebration Barbie #53209

The dress of this doll attracted me, love the silver/white combination and the snowflakes.  The doll is quite pretty but I really need to do something about her hair.  It is stiff and if you brush it is gets frizzy....yikes!



2013 25th Anniversary Holiday Barbie AA  #X8272

I am not sure why I bought the next doll. Her dress is just okay, nothing special and the red/gold combo is not my favorite.  The doll itself is okay, she has beautiful hair, but on a whole she is meh.  Not sure what I was thinking when I got her, maybe the price was just to good to pass up!



2014 Holiday Barbie #BDH35

I prefer the red/silver combo of this gown and think the doll has a prettier face than the previous doll.  Maybe it is the open mouth vs closed mouth?  I don't know but I like this one better....go figure.



2015 Holiday Barbie #CHT00

Running a very close second to my favorite holiday doll is this one.  I LOVE her curly side ponytail, it's almost perfect.  What I hate are the drawn on tendrils on her forehead, just no need for them.  And her dress...oh, my it is beautiful, so simple and elegant.



2019 Holiday Barbie AA FXF02-0970-DOM

These are my holiday Barbies to date.  There maybe more added down the road, I would really like a blonde 2011 (love that green dress!).  But I will not be getting the 2020 doll, that gold dress is just not my cup of eggnog.

Do you collect any Holiday Barbies?  Which is your favorite.

Thanks for stopping by.....

3 comments:

  1. They are all very pretty Barbies. I do sympathize with you regarding open mouths. I personally don't care for them and I have attempted to "close" a doll's mouth by filling in with a tiny dot of clay and painting over. But I wasn't happy with the results, so I let her smile again. Nonetheless, have you consider altering your doll's looks a tad bit? The painted on tendrils can probably be removed. And you can use water soluble pencils on top of their current makeup. (If you make a mistake or don't like the results, simply wash the face.") You might also consider changing the hairstyles you don't like as well. Sometimes it's assimple as letting her hair down or washing all the product out or boil washing the hair and brushing it straight. What I would do would be to buy a cheap Barbie and experiment with her before you touch your collection. But all in all, I think the dolls are lovely and their gowns quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips. I am not one to change the looks of the dolls, I keep them all as true to their original state as I can. If I don't like a doll I would more likely just sell it or give to charity.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really like the one you have from 2002! She is really pretty. I love the dress and that Mackie face, well what's not to like about the Mackie face! For the doll whose hair is stiff, try running it under warm tap water and put in a little hair conditioner. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinse out with warm water. It should maintain most of the curl, although some will droop, but it will be soft and brushable.

    ReplyDelete