Sunday, April 5, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 38-45

The individual beach dolls were inexpensive and popular, with a new group produced every 2-3 years or so.  I have a doll or 2 from some other years but have all 8 of the 
SunGold Malibu series.  I purchased them all within the past 10 years NRFB, but as with the majority of my dolls, I deboxed them.



1983 #1067 SunGold Malibu Barbie



1983 #1088 SunGold Malibu Ken



1983 #7745 SunGold Malibu Barbie AA



1983 #3849 SunGold Malibu Ken AA



1983 #4970 SunGold Malibu Barbie Hispanic



1983 #4971 SunGold Malibu Ken Hispanic



1983 #1187 SunGold Malibu PJ



1983 #1069 SunGold Malibu Skipper

I love these dolls!  There is something for everyone.  The hair on the AA and Hispanic Barbies is gorgeous!  The AA's hair is a deep brown and golden brown mix, and the Hispanic's is a deep brown and black mix.  And it is soooo soft.  The blonde Barbie is one of the prettiest I've seen.  In all the Barbies in this series are my favorites.

So far I have counted and cataloged 45 of my dolls.  Still a long way to go but I will get through it.  I have taken some time from working on it to make some face masks for The Husband and myself and for a friend's daughter who works in healthcare.  I may make more for the local nursing homes if they need them......doing my part to stem the spread!

Thanks for stopping by.......stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these dolls really do have an old fashioned charm. I LOVE the swimwear too. Stay safe. Stay virus free! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun Gold Malibu Barbie is so lovely, she resembles the Fashion Play Barbie 1986. The Hispanic Sun Gold Malibu is sooooo cute! Of course, PJ is the absolute queen, love her face paint. You're so lucky to have them all :)

    ReplyDelete