Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 33-37

Give me a head with hair!


1972 Mod Hair Ken
#4224


1979 Black Barbie
#1293



1980 Golden Dream Christie
#3249


1981 Sunsational Malibu Ken
#3849


1983 Great Shapes Barbie AA
#7834

I love the early AA Barbies and Christies and Ken's with rooted hair.
These 3 ladies are some of my favorite dolls.  

The Golden Dreams Christie was my grail doll for a few years until I found NRFB at a reasonable price.  I am a deboxer for a few reasons, the main being that these dolls/clothes will deteriorate in their boxes.  This Golden Dreams doll has tape residue on her back that has melded to the plastic.  Luckily her outfit is holding up well but is as stiff as cardboard.

Did I mention I LOVE Ken's with hair?  I have a few of them but hope to eventually get more of them.  The Sundational Malibu Ken is one of my favs......that is a righteous Afro!

Thanks for stopping....... 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Yes, I kept alot of mine boxed for awhile then realized I would rather play with them than stare at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golden Dream Christie is my dream that will probably never come true, but I love her anyway. She's the most beautiful Steffie-Christie ever!

    ReplyDelete