Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy New Year....Continuing the Collection Project

Hope everyone had happy and safe holidays!

I've had a little trouble getting back into the swing of things.  Been just laying low after the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  But I am finally ready to tackle the cataloging of the outfits again and to start working on some dioramas.

Last summer I made a great purchase of a Ken case loaded with clothes.  Some were bits and pieces but others were almost complete outfits like this one, the pajamas are almost perfect! It even included the glass of milk and alarm clock, although it is missing its feet.


1961-1963 Sleeper Set #781 (Purchased) Incomplete

Some outfits were very incomplete like this one.  It's nice but not something I would have for my doll anyway.  I may sell it.


1964-1965 Drum Major #775 (Purchased) Incomplete

I'm not sure what my mother was thinking when she bought the outfit below for her 11 year old Barbie....scandalous! Babs and Allan look as if they have been caught in the act......


1966-1967 Under Fashions #1655 (Original) Incomplete
1961-1964 Terry Tops #784 (Purchased) Incomplete

For the love of paks!  I hope to find more of these gems, the pants are perfect!


1962-1963 Paks: White Scoopneck Playsuit, Orange Sheath Skirt, Black/White Bodysuit blouse, Black Slim Pants (Purchased)

Like the pants above, this is the perfect dress!  Note the black dress is a tad shorter and tighter than the green one.......because I washed it.  Do not wash it if you can help it, it will shrink just a smidge enough to be difficult to zip.


1962-1963 Silk Sheath Pak Black (Original) Green (Purchased)

One of my favorite outfits, so simple and chic.  The elastic on the dickey has dried out so I refrain from putting it on her.  I wish I still had the camera.


1965 Photo Fashion #1648 (Original) Incomplete

Welcome to 2021 and thanks for stopping by.......


 

5 comments:

  1. The Photo Fashion sweater is my favorite although I do love Ken's PJ's too:@) Gotta chuckle at the drum outfit, Christmas drum ornaments would work well to help make it look more complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits, all of them! I hope Ken doesn't walk in on Barbie and Allan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Chris. Your Barbies and Kens are simply charming and their wardrobes are so impressive. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete