Wednesday, November 20, 2019

1964 Barbie Sparkle Pink Gift Set Reproduction # 1011

This giftset was something I longed for when I was a
little girl, but she never made it to my house. I have
satisfied my dream with the reproduction of the Barbie
Sparkle Pink Giftset.


She was a gift from The Husband last Christmas and
has been packed away because of the move.  Finally
freeing her from her box I see she is very well done.





















The doll itself is very nice, a good weight and
her subtle pink lips are so pretty.  Her hair is
much softer than my original bubblecut and a
very light blonde almost platinum.  She has a
pretty pink one piece bathing suit, pink mules
and clear stand.  She also comes with a fashion
brochure from that era describing the fashions
and the prices.  Don't we all wish those prices
were today prices!





















I love these separates. So many ways to
combine them.  Here we have the one shoulder
top and wrap skirt.  The fabric is a little
stiff not as nice as the original.





















Add the bolero and hat and we have a
very stylish cocktail outfit.





















The coat is very disappointing.  There is no
way this will close with or without clothes
on.  Even if the button loop was elastic it
still wouldn't fit.  Anyone else have this
problem?

I really like this 1964 Barbie reproduction giftset
and am happy to finally have these outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment