Sunday, January 21, 2018

Catching Up

Sorry it's been awhile, not sure where the
time goes.  So let's catch up.......

Before Christmas I found a few good
deals.  The first one was this 1971 Marlo
flip TNT Barbie.





















It's funny I was looking for one on Ebay
to put on my Christmas list and found her
at a local indoor flea market about a week
before Thanksgiving.  I hardly ever make finds 
like this around here.

She is in great shape, good face paint and
her legs click 3 times. Her hair is reddish
brown (might be turning brassy from age).
Her forehead curl is sparse but it is there.
A bonus was she was wearing outfit #1476
(minus the slippers), which can be hard to find.




















She is my 1st Marlo flip doll, but she
might not be the last.  I would love a
blonde someday.  So glad I found her!

The next find came about 3 weeks before
Christmas.  This doll wasn't tops on my
must have list but she was a fantastic
buy and now that I have her I love her.



This Julia doll is gorgeous.  She has 
really nice hair and it has oxidized into a 
brilliant red.  She did not have her 
original nurses outfit but came wearing
the Winter Wedding dress.  It has yellowed
and has what looks rust stains on the back
but it is still a beautiful dress.





















I am hoping to find her nurses' outfit
or at least a reproduction one.  But
she will fit nicely with my other mod
era dolls.


My last find before Christmas was this
Francie outfit  Mini Check # 1209.




















I found this complete on Ebay in
excellent condition for a great buy.
I never had a lot of clothes for my
Francie doll growing up so am trying
to add to wardrobe when possible.
Those knee socks are soooo groovy!

Christmas Goodies

Lucky me got everything I asked
for for Christmas.




















This gorgeous lady joined my other
Model Muse swimsuit gals.  Her hair
is even more beautiful in real life.  I may
either pick it out a little or remove it from
the rubberband to get a fuller afro, not
sure yet which I'll do.  Only one left
of these ladies to get to complete the
set.



















 Francie Go-Granny-Go #1267.  This
outfit is complete and in excellent condition!
It even has the little record AND record
jacket.


  


















Skipper - Silk n' Fancy and Dress Coat 
#1906.  I have always wanted this outfit
to with Barbie's Silken Flame and Red Flare.

  


















Ken - Saturday Date #786.  I didn't have
a Ken growing up, so I am trying to 
build a vintage wardrobe for the
vintage Ken and Allen I acquired some
years ago.  I think this brings their
wardrobe total up to 3 outfits.....they
definitely lag behind the ladies! 

My birthday is next Saturday, so I am
expecting more great Barbie gifts! 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice finds! Happy Birthday to you! Hope you get everything you ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well looks like Santa Claus was REALLY good to you!!! That's quite an impressive collection you are building there. I have that swimsuit Barbie too. She is a really stunning doll! Congratulations on all of those wonderful finds. I know you are excited about what your birthday might bring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some good stuff for the holiday. Can't wait to see what you get for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete