Sunday, June 7, 2020

Taking on the UFO list and the To Do List


Part of my organization frenzy includes getting my sewing projects and other crafts under control.  I am a flitter, I flit from thing to thing, starting one thing stopping another.  In the end I feel like I don't get anything done.  The Barbie cataloging is just a part of getting my dolls under control so I know what I have and where they are.

  I have a habit of cutting out all kinds of outfits but then not following through on the execution.  I start one sewing project only to be put aside when another pretty frock or colorful fabric catches my eye.  To put a stop to that crazy cycle I listed out all the Barbie UFOs and it came to a whopping 22 items!  Just think of the wardrobe some of these dolls could have if I finished something. Ken alone has 4 shirts in the que, poor guy.

When I made my UFO list I was working on the gingham turquoise/white outfits so before I could move on to anything else I had to finish those four coordinated outfits.  I decided I could not start another new project until I finished one off the UFO list.  Then I could start a new project but it needed to be finished and another UFO finished before I could start another new project.

So far, so good!  I finished the gingham turquoise outfits and picked a yellow one piece playsuit from a vintage pattern to complete.  Unfortunately it was a horrible fit and into the trash it went.....stuff happens.  So I had to pick another UFO as this one didn't count as finished.  So I picked a full skirted halter dress from a self-drafted pattern for the Model Muse dolls.  Well, apparently I couldn't remember the proper way to put it together and did it wrong.  Rather than rip it apart I decided to toss it as I wasn't feeling it (wrong fabric choice).  So once again I picked another UFO to finish, well actually 3.......but one only needed a portion of the waistband attached and a back seam sewn.  But I was able to remove 3 UFOs from the list!!!!!


Natalya, Kenda, Taryn

These halter dresses are made from a self-drafted pattern especially for the Model Muse body type.
They are easy to make (once I remembered how to construct them) and look great on the ladies in a variety of prints.  I have several more cut out and on the UFO list but I am going work on something else.

So I haven't started any new projects but have trimmed the UFO list to 17, 3 completed and 2 tossed out for different reasons.  Not a bad start but I would like to get it trimmed down a little more before I start anything new sewing projects.  I also have a master To Do List which includes the one UFO project plus other things I need to get done before I can move on to anything else.  It includes things like the catalog project quotas,  making dust bags and some diorama things. It is working for me.

So how do you keep your projects under control?

Thanks for stopping by........


6 comments:

  1. Your dresses turned out great! I love the variety of lengths and fullness:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These halter dresses are really nice.
    I'm the same when it comes to being a flitter...sometimes I just cannot be bothered to finish something and then I know that it'll never get finished. I have outfits here that I started last year, all cut out and ready to go...nowhere!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These dresses were actually cut out over 2 years ago so I know what you mean.

      Delete
  3. Well, you were successful in making these three very pretty dresses! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete