Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project - Little Debbies All In A Row 75-78

I don't normally collect advertising or celebrity type dolls.  But I do have everyone of the Little Debbie dolls.


My late Mom got this collection going with the first doll issued.  We grew up on Little Debbie snack cakes, the poor relation to Hostess snack cakes.  With  six kids it was just a more economical choice, plus they were pretty tasty!  My favorites were Nutty Bars and Oatmeal Patties (esp. after you put them in the refrigerator). 

So when Mom saw the advertisement for the initial doll on the package (her and my Dad still ate them on occasion) she figured I needed one.  It is the only Barbie she had given me as an adult, since she gave me my original 4 dolls as a kid.  Like I said it is not a doll I would have collected on my own, but Mom gave it to me so it became a part of my collection.

Many years later, after my Mom and Dad had been gone for many years, I toyed with the idea of selling this doll.  The next day I went thrifting with The Husband and came across doll #2 in perfect condition NRFB.  The Husband said it was fate and that I needed to get it, so I did.  On my next birthday he got me the remaining three dolls to complete the collection.  Now when I look at them I think of my Mom and those tasty little snack cakes she put in my brown bag lunches.


1993 Little Debbie Barbie #1  #10123


1996 Little Debbie Barbie #2  #14616-9950G2
NOTE: There are 2 variations of this issue, one with straight arms and one with bent arms, which is harder to find.  Mine is the straight arm version.


1998 Little Debbie Barbie #3  #16352


2000 Little Debbie Barbie 40th Anniversary  #24977


2002 Little Debbie Barbie #4  #50372

Thanks for stopping by.........




4 comments:

  1. I have the #2 doll, but I really love the outfits on #3 and #4. I think it's nice to have something in a collection that was a gift from someone special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the last outfit alot, I love cardigans. It is very nice to have the doll from my Mom and I am glad I kept it.

      Delete
  2. All of these are so pretty and quite different to each other.
    Thank you for sharing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when dolls are meaningful, when they cary memories. It's good you decided to keep the doll and got the remaining ones, they look so sweet together.

    They're so lovely, I hope to get one of the first three, though I'd love to own them all. There's something very pure and innocent about them. And I love the color of their hair!

    ReplyDelete