Monday, June 15, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 79-82 - Enchanted Seasons

I usually debox my dolls, usually.  I have a small selection of dolls that will never be removed from their boxes by me because they were purchased more for their whole concept rather than just the doll or outfit. 

The Enchanted Seasons collection began with the Snow Princess doll and I just thought she was beautiful so I decided to get the whole collection.



1994  Snow Princess  #11875



1994 Spring Bouquet  #12989



1996 Summer Splendor  #15683



1995 Autumn Glory  #15204

The winter and autumn dolls are gorgeous!  Their dresses are stunning.  Spring and summer, eh, not so much.  Neither dress looks like a lot of thought went into them and summer looks like a cotton candy explosion.  At least the doll for spring is cute.

Have you ever purchased dolls that you were disappointed with?

Thanks for stopping by.......


4 comments:

  1. Another group of pretty girls, I understand why you'd not unbox them...some dolls just weren't meant to be played with :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true but I would rather play with my dolls! Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. They're gorgeous. I haven't got any of them, but I plan to purchase Autumn Glory. Though, I'm sure once I get one, I'll want them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I am not one who agrees with the whole NRFB thing. I believe that dolls don't come alive unless they are allowed to leave their boxes. But given the theme of these dolls and the packaging that supplies the backdrop for the storyline, I totally understand why you would keep them in their original clothing and packaging. Mattel has put out some collectibles that are defined by the clothing they wear. And even though I like the doll, I don't buy them knowing my focus is on redressing. The doll community is so diverse and each one of us collects with a different goal in mind. It would be interesting to see a book that talks about all the different facets of doll collecting!

    ReplyDelete