Friday, June 19, 2020

June Brides Revisited

June is usually Bridal month but with the pandemic many, many weddings have been postponed.  So here are some beautiful brides to hopefully brighten your day.





I made this simple tea length wedding dress a few years ago, along with the attendants dresses.  I love the simplicity of this style and my own wedding dress was similar except with long sleeves.


I no longer have this doll or dress but Wedding Day Midge was a sight in all her lace and dotted swiss glory.


I made this wedding gown including the veil and bouquet for a former neighbor in honor of her daughter's wedding.


One recent Christmas I got 7 NRFB wedding gowns.  They were all very beautiful but I like the simpler ones best, # 4 is my favorite.

I never had an original Barbie wedding gown growing up I had a knock-off or clone one.  But it was much prettier than any of the Barbie vintage gowns.  Somehow, somewhere it got lost.....I wish I still had it but may be in my memory it is more beautiful than it was.........

Thanks for stopping by......


5 comments:

  1. I never had any Barbie wedding gowns when I was growing up. My mom didn't buy us a lot of things for our Barbie dolls. I like the ones that you have in your collection now. I bet my own wedding gown wouldn't be your style, though. It was in the early 90s, and had big, puffy sleeves, lots of appliqued lace, and a large train. There's at least one picture of my in it on my doll blog, from when Mr. BTEG and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you and your dress were gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. So many brides! Wow!
    I really like the dresses you made for Midge and her bridesmaids. The simple design is very graceful and elegant.
    Your Wedding Day Midge is so lovely and pristine. I have her as weel but the dress is a bit faded, the white isn't so vibrant anymore. But I like the design of it and the fact that you get two dresses in one, and there's those little details like the garter for example. She's my favorite Midge with the Diva headmold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bridal dresses are all so simple and sweet yet eternally stylish. It hearkens back to a more elegant era. Your dolls all look like beautiful, blushing brides. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete