Thursday, March 19, 2020

Dust Bags



No I am not protecting the dolls from the virus, just from dust.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was looking for another way to
store my dolls and decided to try them on stands with dust covers in the closet.

I am using unbleached muslin, cut 10" x 13", hemmed on one 10" side.
Then folded in half the long way and stitched on one side and the top.

I will probably make small labels identifying each doll and pin to the top of the bag. 

I mostly use the Kaiser doll stands and find them a little slippery under foot. 
So I am using a piece of  open weave type of shelf/drawer liner on the bottom to keep
everyone on their toes!  Works great.....

I am hoping this way of storing works for me as I am tired of trying to come up with the 
perfect solution.

On another note I hope that everyone is safe and healthy where ever you may be.  As a senior
citizen I am somewhat concerned about this virus but I am a very healthy senior and am doing
whatever is recommended to stay that way.  While I believe this is very serious, I also believe some
people are causing a panic.
So stay calm, I believe we will pull through.

Thanks for stopping ..........................

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to protect dolls, and it feels so cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cotton muslin pouches for storing my dolls when I'm on the other side of the world. They find them quite comfortable. But given the current crisis, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. So while I remain inside, they stand all around, bringing a smile to my face by simply being beautiful! Stay sage. Stay virus free.

    ReplyDelete