Saturday, March 21, 2020

Collection Catalog Project 25-29


1971-1977
Sunset Malibu Barbie
# 1067


1971-1977
Sunset Malibu Skipper
#1069


1971-1977 
Sunset Malibu Francie
#1068


1972-1977
 Sunset Malibu P.J.
#1187



1973-1977
Sunset Malibu Christie
#7745

I think this was the first year for low cost basic beach dolls which became very popular over the years.   I still need to get the Ken for this series but haven't really been looking too hard (and for the time being I have put a hold on any doll buying unless it is something special and a great price).

P.J., Christie and Barbie are my favorites in this series.  Christie is the only one that I have the original swimsuit for, and she had her sunglasses still attached to her head.  Francie is my least favorite.  She is actually the Casey facemold which I think was a kind of copout.  The Skipper is okay, she has beautiful think long hair.

The project continues!  The Husband and I are limiting are time out in public so I should get a lot more of this done along with sewing.

Thanks for stopping by ..........




4 comments:

  1. I had the Sunset Malibu Barbie as a girl, and my sister had the Malibu Skipper. I think I would have enjoyed having the other dolls to play with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the entire Sunset Malibu series and my favorites are PJ and Skipper for their eyes - PJ's purple gaze and Skipper's smiling eyes. Lovely, lovely dolls!

    ReplyDelete