Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Day after Christmas introducing SunSet Malibu Christie # 7745

I hope everyone enjoyed there Christmas or Weds., December 25th (if you do not celebrate).  I enjoyed my day with The Husband and our dog, Louie.

The Husband is a great shopper and got me everything I asked for this year.  I will give you  the doll related highlights!

As the blog title indicates, tops on my list this year was a Malibu Christie.


I found this nearly mint out of box Malibu Christie on ebay and put it on my wish list.  Was so glad The Husband was able to get her for me.  She will need a wipe down but is perfect!

This doll was produced from 1973-1977.  The first issue wore an orange bathing suit so I am thinking about 1974 on this doll.


She has black painted sideburns which not all the dolls had.


As you can see she is still sporting her sunglasses, they are still factory attached to her head!  She will be a welcome friend for my Malibu Barbie, PJ, Francie and Skipper dolls.


I got 2 vintage Francie and 2 vintage Skipper outfits also.  I will detail them later in their own blog posts.

Play food, a doll can't have too much play food!


I like to keep a well stocked pantry, you never know what these dolls will want for supper.  I had to laugh though at the 3 center cans - fishes, baked beans and sausages!  I don't want to be around when Barbie makes that meal!


Fruits, veggies and soda!  I will need to get out the colored Sharpies and paint and do a little touch up on these items to make them a little more realistic.  But at least Barbie is expanding her diet from fishes, baked beans and sausages!


Dinnerware, you can't have a dinner without it.  I think the pots and pans are going to need a full blown spray paint!  I love the goblets and champagne glasses.


They have some nice raised detailing on them that make them look somewhat elegant.

I got a few other non-related doll items also so all in all it was a great Christmas.  I hope everyone had a great holiday and got all their wishes too!

Thanks for stopping by......






2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you had a really nice holiday season. Your husbands sounds like an absolute doll!!! Love the dolly (she looks like an AA Silkstone). The other items took me right back to my childhood. I was always crazy about those miniature dishes and utensils. Those "crystal" glasses are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete