Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Outfits 2019 Part 1

I try to make a few Christmas outfits for the
ladies and gents every year.  I started early
this year, before Thanksgiving so I would be
sure to get something finished.






















Barbie (left) is my original doll.  She is wearing
a 2pc skirt and top.  I love the candy cane stripe
fabric.  Midge is ringing in the holiday with the
cutest candy cane print top and bright red stovepipe
pants.  Barbie (right) is wearing a dress I made a
few years ago but love the retro vibe of the skirt
print.





















Francie is my original doll.  She looks adorable
in this bell sleeved top, red pants and bright green
booties.  Since there are few patterns for Francie
I made the top pattern from a dress pattern.





















The two Skippers on the left are wearing outfits
made a few years ago.  The blonde is wearing a
2pc outfit and the brunette is wearing a dress. 
Redhead Skipper is my original doll.  She is wearing
a dress with the cutest snowman fabric on the
skirt.  Skooter is looking festive in her candy
cane striped top and red pants.

Interesting note here, the 3 dress/skirt outfits are
made from the same pattern. The pattern is very
versatile and when made as 2pcs can really
stretch a girls' wardrobe when mixed and matched.

I am working on finishing up a few more......
hopefully before the holiday.

Thanks for stopping by......

3 comments:

  1. You have some amazing dolls! I've been reading all your posts and I really enjoy your blog. The clothes you make for your dolls are just perfect! Wish I had talent for sewing, but I cannot even mend my husband's socks :)
    It's also nice to see your childhood dolls in such a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only had 4 original dolls growing up but am making up for it now! Much more satisfying to make doll clothes than mend socks! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful group of bright and cheerful holiday dresses! Each one suits the personality of the doll. Each one really expresses the spirit of the holiday season. Looking forward to seeing what else you make for your divas.

    ReplyDelete