Thursday, April 16, 2020

Barbie Collection Catalog Project 46-47




1985 Tropical Miko
#2056




1985 Tropical Skipper
#1021

Another group of beach dolls, this grouping contained 7 dolls, same as SunGold except no Hispanic male doll.  I only wanted the Miko doll for a diorama storyline, but I got a deal on the 2 dolls and well......2 dolls are always better than one.

This is my favorite asian doll.  I like that her makeup is very simple.  This Skipper is okay, better than the SunGold one, but her forehead is a little large I think.

A note to anyone who has these dolls still in the box......the rubber bands will be hard, brittle and cracked.  The also seem to react to Skipper's hair poorly and melt into it, this happened to this doll and the SunGold one.  Miko's rubber band was just brittle and cracked but not stuck to her hair.

Thanks for stopping by........


2 comments:

  1. I think your Tropical Skipper is a good addition to a vintage collection anyway, if for no other reason than because her face mold is pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't collect beach dolls, but the entire Tropical series is absolutely amazing! Miko is so pretty, one of the best dolls on the Oriental headmold.

      Delete