Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Collection Catalog Project 20-24

The cataloging continues, albeit a bit slow.  Today's entries are:



1964 SL Skipper 
#950


1964 SL Skipper 
#950


1965 SL Skooter 
#1040



1969 TNT (Marlo) Flip Barbie 
#1160



1969 TNT Julia
#1127



I am also changing out how I store my dolls.  I don't display all of my dolls, just bring a few out at a time and except for a few 90's dolls and my Silkstones I always debox my dolls.  Naturally most of my vintage dolls no longer have boxes (except for the 1 Allan) so I am always looking for ideas to keep the ladies and gents safe. 

I did have most of my vintage dolls stored in vintage cases, but that can cause bent legs.  I have also stored a lot of the dolls in 4" x 13" boxes but that causes their hair to be flat.

My plan now is to store them on stands covered with unbleached bags (I made them) on shelves in the closest. I figure the stands will help keep their legs from getting bent and the bags will keep the dust off.  I will put a tag on the bag and the bottom of the stand to identify the doll and they are stored nude, of course. 

We'll see how this works out.  How do you store your dolls?  I would love to know!

Thanks for stopping........

3 comments:

  1. I've thought about cataloguing my dolls, but it would be a large undertaking for me, and none of my dolls are as rare as yours. I know Mr. BTEG wants something of the sort, along with a wish list, to make buying dolls as gifts for me simpler, so I will probably attempt it at some point. The dolls I have that are not displayed are mostly in drawers in a wooden dresser. I know that might not be the optimal way, but then again, my dolls in there are mostly hard vinyl, and are newer than yours. I also have some smaller dolls in acid-free boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, a real gem of a website is Katt's Dolls, where she has an extensive list of face molds and many of the dolls that have used them. One Modern Circle Melody is a newer doll that used the TNT mold, which Marlo uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have so many dolls, there would be under 100 I think and I display almost all of them in a glass cabinet on doll stands. Lately, the cabinet became a bit crowdy, so I put some away in plastic boxes. My collection hasn't grown so much yet for me to worry how I store them :) That's still ahead of me so it's good that you share your ideas :) I also debox my dolls because I just need to check out all the details of a doll, her accessories, etc. Love your Skipper dolls and your Julia is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete